Salil Goorha, MD
- Undergraduate: Washington University, 08/1991-05/1995, B.A. in biology, Cum Laude.
- M.D.: University of Tennessee Medical School, 08/1996-06/2000
- Attending Physician, University of Tennessee Cancer Institute, 02/2009-present
Graduate Medical Education:
- Clinical Fellowship, Hematology/Oncology: University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 01/2006-present
- Internship and Residency: University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 06/2000-06/2003
Professional Society Memberships:
- American Medical Association: 2000-present
- American Society of Hematology: 2006-present
- American Society of Clinical Oncology: 2007-present
- Tennessee State License Number: MD00000038210
- Internal Medicine Board Certified 10/2003
Honors and Awards:
- Gooch Merit Scholarship, University of Tennessee Medical School (1997-1998)
- Celgene Future Leaders of Hematology Award (2008)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Young Investigator Award (2009-2011)
Laboratory Research Experience:
- Visiting Scientist, Laboratory of Dr. James Downing, Dept. of Pathology, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Memphis, TN. 1/2008-present
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Laboratory of Dr. James Downing, Dept. of Pathology, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Memphis, TN. 09/2003-12/2005
- NIH Summer Fellowship, Laboratory of Dr. James Morgan, Dept. of Developmental Neurobiology, St. Jude’s Children Research Hospital, Memphis, TN. 05/1997-08/1997
- NIH Predoctoral Fellowship, Laboratory of Dr. Karl Pfeifer, Dept. of Mammalian Genetics, Division of Child Health and Development, Bethesda, MD. 09/1995-06/1996
- Summer Internship, Laboratory of Dr. Anne Cross, Dept. of Neurology, Washington University Medical School, St. Louis, MO. 05/1994-07/1994
Post-graduate Clinical Experience:
- Volunteer physician at the Church Health Center, 1210 Peabody, Memphis, Tennessee.
- Cross A, Keeling RM, Goorha S, San M, Rodi C, Wyatt PS, Manning PT, Misco TP. Inducible nitric oxide synthase gene expression and enzyme activity correlate with disease activity in murine experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmunol. 1996 Dec;71(1-2):145-53.
- Goorha S, Rodgers GM. Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome: laboratory diagnosis and treatment. ASCP Check Sample No. Ch01-5 (CH-55). Clin Hematol. 2001 Nov; 7(5): 51-62.
- Goorha S, Lahey T. Skin nodules and back pain. West J Med. 2002 Jan;176(1):15-6.
- Goorha S, Glenn MJ, Drozd-Borysiuk E, Chen Z. A set of commercially available fluorescent in-situ hybridization probes reliably detects cytogenetic abnormalities in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Genet Med. 2004 Jan-Feb; 6(1): 48-53.
- Mullighan CG, Goorha S, Radtke I, Miller CB, Coustan-Smith E, Dalton JD, Girtman K, Mathew S, Ma J, Pounds SB, Su X, Pui CH, Relling MV, Evans WE, Shurtleff SA, Downing JR. Genome-wide analysis of genetic alterations in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Nature. 2007 Apr 12; 446(7137):758-64. (S Goorha was first co-author)
- Genomic analysis reveals few genetic alterations in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia. Radtke I, Mullighan CG, Ishii M, Su X, Cheng J, Ma J, Ganti R, Cai Z, Goorha S, Pounds SB, Cao X, Obert C, Armstrong J, Zhang J, Song G, Ribeiro RC, Rubnitz JE, Raimondi SC, Shurtleff SA, Downing JR. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009 Aug 4;106(31):12944-9. Epub 2009 Jul 27
Abstracts submitted for presentation:
- Charles G. Mullighan, Salil Goorha, Ina Radtke, Christopher B. Miller, Elaine Coustan-Smith, James D. Dalton, Kevin Girtman, Susan Mathew, Jing Ma, Stanley B. Pounds, Xiaoping Su, Ching-Hon Pui, Mary V. Relling, William E. Evans, Sheila A. Shurtleff, James R. Downing. Genes Regulating B-Cell Development and Differentiation Are Mutated in 40% of Pediatric Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. (Abstract selected for oral session at the 2006 ASH annual meeting)
- Ina Radtke, Charles G. Mullighan, Salil Goorha, Jing Ma, Stanley B. Pounds, Xiaoping Su, Alyssa L. Kennedy, Susanna M. Downing, Jeffrey E. Rubnitz, Raul C. Ribeiro, Sheila A. Shurtleff, James R. Downing. Genome-Wide Profiling of DNA Copy Number Abnormalities and Loss-Of-Heterozygosity in Pediatric Acute Myeloid Leukemia Using High-Resolution Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Microarrays. (Abstract selected for oral session at the 2006 ASH annual meeting)
- Charles G. Mullighan, Salil Goorha, Ina Radtke, James Dalton, Jing Ma, Stanley B. Pounds, Xiaoping Su, Ching-Hon Pui, Mary V. Relling, William E. Evans, James R. Downing. High Resolution Genomic Profiling Using Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Microarrays Identifies Multiple Novel Genomic Lesions in Pediatric Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. (Abstract selected for oral session at the 2006 ASH annual meeting)
- Ina Radtke, Charles G. Mullighan, Masami Ishii, Jing Ma, Xiaoping Su, Salil Goorha, Ramapriya Ganti, Zhongling Cai, Letha A. Phillips, Stanley Pounds, James Dalton, Susana Raimondi, Jeffrey E. Rubnitz, Raul C. Ribeiro, Sheila A. Shurtleff, James R. Downing. High-Resolution Genome-Wide Profiling of DNA Copy Number Abnormalities and Gene Resequencing in Pediatric Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML). (Abstract selected for oral session at the 2007 ASH annual meeting)
- Salil Goorha, Noel T. Lenny, Christopher B Miller, S. Scott Perry, Xiaoping Su, Richard T Williams, Charles G Mullighan and James R. Downing. Haploinsufficiency of EBF1 Collaborates with the BCR-ABL1 to Increase the Penetrance and Decrease the Latency of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. (Abstract selected for poster session at the 2008 ASH annual meeting)