Syed Shehzad Azmi, MD
- MBBS (Medical Graduation Degree) King Edward Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan 1997-2002
- Pre-Med, Government College, Lahore, Pakistan 1994-1996
- National Talent Scholarship, Lahore, Pakistan 1994-2001
- Graduate with Distinction, Government Gollege, Lahore, Pakistan
MEDICAL LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- State of Georgia, Composite State Board of Medical Examiners
GA State Medical License Number 062021
- American Board of Medical Oncology
- American Board of Hematology
- Internal Medicine Certification (ABIM)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- ECFMG Certification
- Medical Oncologist/ Hematologist, Vidalia Regional Cancer Center, Vidalia, GA 2009-2010
- Medical Oncologist/ Hematologist, UT Cancer Institute, Memphis, TN 2010-present
Provide in and out - patient care for Medical Oncology and Hematology. Out patient care includes but is not limited to: consultaion and administration of chemotherapy therapeutic agents. Additionaly, work to build relationships with local area physicians in order to increase business and benchmark existing practices.
- Hematology/ Oncology Fellow, University of Tennesse at Memphis, Memphis, TN 2006-2009
- Internal Medicine Resident, University of Tennessee at Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Extern Internal Medicine, New Britain General Hospital, New Britain, CT 2001
- Extern Internal MEdicine, St. Francis Hospital, Charleston, WV 2003
- Americal Society of Clinical Oncologists (ASCO)
- American Society of Hematologists (ASH)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- American Board of Internal Medicide (ABIM
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- University of Tennessee Cancer Institute: Participated in data collection for the "The Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI)." QOPI is a practice-based system of quality measurement sponsored by ASCO that allows comparisons among practices and also provides a mechanism for measuring concordance with published guidelines. Published in Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- University of Tennessee Cancer Institute: Case review to determine the incidence of hypersensitivity reations in patients who have received Cetuximab therapy at our institution and to determine any correlation with age, sex, race, tumore type, history and nature of prior allergy, and the pre-medications used. Published in Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- University of Tennessee Cancer Institute: Co-authored a phase II clinical trial evaluating the role of Temsirolimus as a second line of treatment for advanced hepatocellular cancer. The trial is currently open and accruing patients.
- Languages: Fluent in Urdu and English
- Hobbies: Cycling, Squash and Reading.